SFSI’s training staff is gearing up for our next semester of training. We’d like to continue building our team and we’re putting out the call for interns. If you are interested in interning with us, please read through this information and feel free to get in touch with questions you have.
Process: To apply to intern, fill out the questions below and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SFSI Intern Application” no later than April 24th. Those who move forward following the initial application will be asked to attend pre-training meeting on April 27th, 2019 to interview, and then another on May 19th, 2019 if selected to intern.
As an intern, you will be working closely with the training coordinator and the training team. Some of the tasks and responsibilities you will be taking on as an intern include:
- Developing training content with the support of the training team.
- Implementing training content which includes facilitating large group and small group education.
- Interacting appropriately and professionally with training participants.
- Providing feedback to participants with the support of a trainer
- Observing trainers give feedback to participants and participating in trainer-participant check-ins.
- Providing feedback to other trainers about presentations, training content, and other training activities
- Receiving feedback from the training coordinator and training team members.
- Internship Requirements:
- Commitment to accurate, non-judgemental, sex education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Dedication to SFSI’s mission.
- Passionate about sexual health education.
- Excellent judgement and decision making skills.
- Receive and provide feedback to other trainers and participants.
- Some presentation and facilitation skills.
Note: In the past it was a requirement for those applying to intern to have elfed two days during training, and this is no longer the case. You may apply without having been an elf.
A successful intern will:
- Be able to facilitate small groups independently by the end of the internship.
- Be able to effectively facilitate sex education content and exhibit adequate presentation skills by the end of the internship.
- Be able to take feedback from training team members and training participants in both one on one and group settings.
- Attend at least 75% of training dates (100% of training days is ideal).
- Attend and participate in pre and post training meetings.
- Interact with the training team in a positive and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate all of the internship requirements.
The weekends for the Fall 2019 training are:
8/24 & 8/25
9/7 & 9/8
9/21 & 9/22
10/5 & 10/6
- Have you gone through SFSI training? If so, when? If more than once, please list.
- What other relevant education or training do you have?
- What is your relevant experience– your day job, your experience with other groups?
- What are your areas of expertise around sex education? Please list specific topics.
- Are you available for all of the dates of the fall training? Do you have a long-term interest in being part of Training Staff? What is your desired time commitment for volunteering with us?
- Are you on the switchboard or have you been on the switchboard in the past? If in the past, when?
- Have you volunteered in other capacities for SFSI? (This includes Elfing during training, guest speaking, staffing events, fundraising, event planning, etc.)
- Why do you want to be on training staff?
- What do you feel you will contribute to training/training staff? What are your relevant strengths?
- Please provide two professional references.If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in SFSI and the intern position. We look forward to receiving your application.